The world has been searching for the secret of eternal youth for years. Of course, our genes affect how our skin is ageing, but our lifestyle and routines also play a significant role in this process. And if we want to look attractive we have to make an effort every day. Professional skincare, combined with a balanced, healthy lifestyle may significantly slow down the ageing process. And when it comes to facial treatments, what better places to visit than salons and dermatologists’ offices in Singapore? Here, you can find so many popular clinics that can satisfy your beauty needs. Most of the places offer specific programs for the face with a complex of high-quality products. Professional cosmetics improve the conditions for maintaining good skin elasticity. With the help of active ingredients with restorative action, the best functional conditions are provided. Experts in Singapore can help you to restore your beauty, health, and appearance.
Here is what to expect of getting a facial and some of the best facials in Singapore.
What is a facial?
A facial is a combination of different procedures that clean, exfoliate, and treat common skin concerns. It rejuvenates the skin and makes the face look more youthful, beautiful, and healthy. Facial is also a great way to relax as it typically includes massage. It often provides an immediate improvement in your skin’s appearance.
The epidermis is constantly exposed to dirt. Besides, it accumulates excess oil and dead cells. And even if we wash our face daily with soap, water, various cleansing lotions, and detergents, in many cases they are not the most appropriate and effective products. A large percentage of facial skin problems such as acne, enlarged pores, or dull skin, is the result of untreated or improperly cleansed skin.
The facial procedures remove excess sebum and make-up traces in women, exfoliate the skin, including the removal of dead cells from the surface of the epidermis, as well as cleaning of clogged pores and comedones (black dots). Therefore, regular facial treatments are extremely important, especially in large cities, where the air is much more polluted and the skin retains significantly more impurities.
What is the process of basic facial in Singapore?
Basic facial usually includes the following steps:
- Consultation. The first part of the facial is consultation and analysis. This is the time where the professionals decide what are the appropriate products to use on your skin.
- Deep cleansing. The beautician will gently clean your face, neck, and decolletage with special cleanser products to remove dirt and any make-up. Facial cleansing is a mandatory procedure before proceeding to various rejuvenating therapies, peels, and other treatments.
- Exfoliation. Normally, the skin naturally peels itself. However, it needs help in order to achieve maximum results. That is why the beautician will get rid of the dead cells and open up your pores. Exfoliation is done either with a mechanical exfoliant such as microdermabrasion or with scrubs to slough off all the dead cells away or a chemical exfoliant such as alpha or beta hydroxy acids to loosen the bond between skin cells. In some cases, both mechanical and chemical exfoliation can be done but only if under the supervision of a well trained and experienced professional.
- Extraction. It can be done manual, with a special metal tool or vacuum. Facial extraction is a proven method for complete cleansing and improving the condition of the skin when it’s oily, the pores are wide and there are comedones/blackheads. Extraction can effectively clean the face of impurities that block and clog the pores. The extraction facial is highly recommended for people with oily skin.
- Massage. A facial normally involve a massage as well. It can be done on the face and the upper body. This is the step where you can really relax.
- Mask. Applying a face mask is another portion of the facial. It is usually chosen according to your skin type (oily, dry, sensitive skin, or a combination) and addresses specific skin concerns.
- Final application. The aesthetician applies toner, serum, moisturizer, and sunscreen if necessary.
- Recommendations. After the facial, the specialist usually recommends skincare products appropriate for your skin type.
After all of these procedures, you will emerge with clean, smooth, and glow skin.
Best facial treatments and facial rejuvenation procedures in Singapore
There are so many things that you can add to your facial treatment- you can get microcurrent, microneedling, massage, peels, acids, and so on. Keep in mind that you have to know what are you doing when you go and order facial. Let’s have a look at some of the most popular facials and add ons in Singapore.
It is a fabulous procedure that may help with problems such as acne scars, fine lines and wrinkles, large pore size, and uneven skin tone. Microneedling therapy uses tiny needles to prick the skin and generate collagen and new tissue. The needles open the skin for better absorption of serums like hyaluronic acid. It is also a great way to incorporate platelet-rich plasma.
Radio frequency facial
This procedure stimulates the collagen under the skin by heating it with a probe. It is a relaxing procedure and there is no pain and no downtime. It could take multiple sessions to see full results. After such a treatment, your face will look really rejuvenated and healthy.
Are you looking for facial rejuvenation treatment? We have a solution for you! It makes crepey areas of the skin soften. The procedure is called PRP which stands for platelet-rich plasma. Some “good” part of the blood is taken and put back onto the skin. It stimulates collagen production, helps with wrinkles, scarring, and so on. The procedure usually takes about 30 minutes.
HIFU is a great way to smooth and tighten the skin on the face and neck. The procedure is non-invasive and one session may take around 60 – 90 minutes. HIFU therapy uses ultrasound energy to penetrates the deep level in the skin. The treatment can be performed under local anaesthesia to prevent any discomfort and pain.
It is good for treating discolorations, unwanted freckles, pigmentation, and sunspots. It can also help diminish the appearance of spider veins, rosacea, and broken capillaries. The effect of the procedure comes from the burst of the light that is aimed at the face during the process. Bands of broad-spectrum light sink below the upper layers of the surface and down into the dermal layers. The process is non-invasive and non-ablative meaning the tissues heat up but they are not destroyed.
Best facial for acne
Led light facial
If you are looking for acne facial in Singapore you will definitely want to try led light therapy. Led devices are usually used to treat everything from dark spots, redness, sun damages to acne, wrinkles, and scarring. This procedure uses different LED wavelengths to treat skin issues. The most promoted lights in the LED skin treatments are blue and red where the blue light is antibacterial and red light is anti-ageing/inflammatory.
The type of chemical peel is determined by the problem. Superficial chemical peeling (with alpha-hydroxy acids – glycolic, lactic, or another fruit acid) corrects fine wrinkles, dry skin, and light pigmentation. It also has a good effect on acne scars and enlarged pores, making them less noticeable. Medium-deep chemical peels (usually with trichloroacetic acid) affect deeper lines and wrinkles, reduce acne scars that remain after the active phase of the disease, and remove darker pigmentation. Deep chemical peeling (affects deep into the skin structures) is accompanied by severe exfoliation and correction of deep defects but is rarely applied in daily dermatological practice.
Best facial to remove blackheads
Carbon laser facial
It is a non-invasive treatment that deals with fine lines reduce pores and blackheads as well as age spots. This facial is great for people who are young but are starting to experience sun damage, clogged pores, and complexion issues. The procedure is done by applying a carbon solution to the skin and then passing with the laser through the mask. Carbon laser therapy takes around 30 minutes. It is pain-free and there is no downtime.
Deep cleansing facial
It is one of the most common procedures performed by estheticians. The deep cleansing facial is suitable for both women and men. It helps to get rid of dirt, bacteria, and toxins which makes this facial perfect for blackheads and acne.
Facials for all skin types
- Basic clean up. Facial cleansing is a basic cosmetic procedure. Above it are built all the other procedures and therapies for the face. Facial cleansing is done for hygienic and medical purposes and therefore it is mandatory for every person – men or women, regardless of their age and skin types.
- Korean facial in Singapore. Have you ever wondered how Korean women have such beautiful and smooth skin? Well, it is all because they have a very extensive skin care routine combined with regular facial treatment from professional clinics. The good news is that you don’t need to go to Seoul to get a Korean facial. A lot of clinics in Singapore offer K-beauty procedures that are suitable for all skin types.
Before choosing a skin treatment in Singapore it is important to consult a dermatologist. You need to make sure you are getting expert opinions, advice, and suggestions that will greatly benefit your skin and address your concerns.
What kind of facial to get?
To answer this question we are going to diverse facials into two categories – relaxing facials and med spa facials. What kind of facial to get depends on your personal choice. As the word suggests relaxing facials are a beautiful spa, cozy room, and a relaxing experience. It’s a great way to pamper yourself. Medspa facials are like “the real deal”. Yes, the relaxing facial is definitely a nice experience and you will feel refresh but you are not going to get long-lasting results. Medspa facial is done by a licensed doctor or nurse practitioner that have their license on the spa and they are allowed to use needles for extractions. This kind of facial may also offer you procedures like peels, different devices or microneedling, and much more. Peels are all about removing layers of dead skin cells and rejuvenating. They can be very good for sun-damaged, mature, pigmentation, and so on. They are also great for people with real skin issues like acne or acne scars.
Treatments with different lasers and devices can help to rejuvenate the skin and increase collagen production. Sometimes, other machines like steamers or galvanic currents can be applied. They can be used to deeply cleanse the skin (which is suitable for people with blocked pores) and to drive skin ingredients into the deeper layers of the skin.
Massage therapy is great for all skin types. It can be also used for lifting, firming, tightening the skin, and of course for relaxing.
Any good facial treatment should include cleansing, massage techniques, mask therapy, and finishing products to hydrate, protect, and defend your skin. So when you are choosing a facial procedure, make sure it includes these steps.
How often should you be getting facials done?
You will probably be hearing a lot of opinions about this. Usually, getting a facial depends on many factors such as:
- Your skin type and your skin condition. Getting a facial every month is good enough for someone who has normal or dry to combination skin. Those with oily or acne-prone skin might achieve good results if they do facials every two to four weeks until the skin clears up.
- Another factor is your skin goals. If you want to maintain beautiful and younger-looking skin you will need to visit regularly your dermatologist for treatments as well as to have proper skincare routines.
- The next important factor is your budget. The amount of time and money that you are willing to invest in skincare will gradely affect how often you will go to facial procedures.
If you are going to an event and you want to look good it is best to get facial anywhere from three to five days before that. It is because if you get extractions for example they can leave you a little bit blotching. If you want to get a facial that is going really make you look amazing either the day before or day after you can try an oxygen facial or facelifting facial. Oxygen facial boosts circulation and glowing skin so if you are going to something special that’s a really great one.
Basic facial is the minimum care that you can take for your skin on a monthly basis. It also has a key role in the success of further therapies, which your beautician may recommend you according to your individual needs.
Should men get facials?
It is a fact that men are more likely to wash their car than to undergo a cosmetic procedure. Even wrinkles do not bother them. The only thing that can make them think about maintaining their skin is the appearance of an unpleasant sensation on the face such as itching and dryness, as well as the presence of redness and pimples.
Most of the men have an increased secretion of sebaceous glands, so in most cases, their skin is more oily and thicker. Also, daily shaving additionally dries and irritates the skin which may cause unpleasant ingrown hairs.
From what has been said, it is clear that men also need facial. Apart from a pleasant feeling for the man himself, the fresh and healthy men’s skin is attractive for the ladies as well. A facial for men involves similar steps as that for women but are formulated to the needs of men’s skin.
What are the benefits of a facial?
- Facial includes deep exfoliation that you can’t achieve at home.
- It rejuvenates the skin and improves its ability to absorb products and ingredients that you put on your face.
- Facials deliver more oxygen to the cells.
- It promotes blood circulation, helps relieve stress, and may even reduce psychological distress.
- The skin begins to reproduce new cells and regenerate.
- The facial gives smoother, texture, and tone to the skin.
- Facial cleansing is a process that removes dirt, dead cells, and accumulated sebum from the surface of the skin. In addition, you do get immediate results.
How much does facial cost in Singapore?
Like most spa services facials prices are based on the specific treatments used. A facial that includes microdermabrasion or a special chemical peel for example will cost more than a basic facial which typically averages around $100 – $200 in Singapore. Procedures such as HIFU, IPL, led light therapy, etc. are usually more expensive. However many clinics in Singapore offer affordable facial treatment. If you want to find cheap and good facial in Singapore you will need to do some research on the market.
Overall, it may be said…
Although the use of a proven skincare routine from an early age is a great way to prevent various skin conditions, visiting a medical spa has been shown to be the most effective method of dealing with various skin problems. Skin rejuvenation is often only possible through medical procedures, so you should rely on a professional skin therapist with the necessary qualifications and experience.